By Torsten Bert Möller,Emil Reif
By Joel Michael,Sabyasachi Sircar
- An emphasis on common versions that underlie a couple of habitual physiologic mechanisms -- for instance, stream of gear and the criteria that have an effect on circulation or power formation and transformation -- to reinforce understanding
- Use of medical situations -- built, subtle, and validated within the school room during the last decade -- to check mastery of physiologic concepts
- Section-opening Patient Cases finish with Some issues to imagine About to aid direct your research of the physiologic mechanisms of that organ system
- Chapter Questions ask you to use what you may have discovered in that bankruptcy to construction an knowing of the case
- Answers to bankruptcy questions let you payment your realizing and direct extra review
- A entire Case Analysis with cause-and-effect diagrams studies intimately the body structure in the back of the case
- Access through scratch-off code to all of the instances on your e-book -- plus extra medical instances -- with questions and solutions and case research to permit handy on-line overview and testing
Specifically, designed for the 1st- and second-year clinical scholar, this cutting edge textual content -- perfect as a research relief for the USMLE -- offers the instruments had to research and observe body structure to clinical practice.
By John F. O'Brien
Each case involves a number of questions, illustrated through stimulating visible fabric together with scientific pictures, imaging and electrocardiograms. solutions and entire dialogue then keep on with overlaying differential and definitive diagnoses, administration and refined insights to supply optimum care and forestall problems.
The booklet appeals to a large readership, starting from trainees to practitioners in emergency medication or basic care, for exam revision and carrying on with education.
By Lippincott Williams,Wilkins
By Richard B. Gunderman
A goldmine of theoretical insights and sensible feedback, Achieving Excellence in clinical schooling, moment Edition explores the fundamental query dealing with scientific educators and inexperienced persons this day: what's our imaginative and prescient of academic excellence, and what do we do to reinforce our performance?
Among the subjects explored inside of this up-to-date, enticing, informative, and thought-provoking textual content are:
• Education’s place as a concern of clinical schools
• Seminal academic insights from non-medical educators
• top practices of exceptional educators and learners
• provides and pitfalls of recent academic technologies
• Key assets for selling excellence in clinical education
• clinical education’s function in getting ready destiny leaders
• management roles for clinical colleges in universities and society
Reviews of the 1st edition:
"This is an eloquent, quotable, and inspirational e-book that offers a template for "Achieving Excellence in clinical Education." - magazine of the yank clinical Association
"Gunderman is an comprehensive educator, renowned as a considerate and provocative instructor. . . i like to recommend his booklet to division chairs, clerkship and residency application administrators, and schooling execs who're shaping the way forward for clinical education." - New England magazine of Medicine
By Amit D. Tevar
"Flashcards in a e-book" offer a accomplished but concise overview for the surgical procedure clerkship
Maximum retention in minimal time!
Drawn from the point of view of citizens clean from their scientific tuition and USMLE stories, those distinct "flashcards in a publication" assist you take into accout high-yield proof the least bit period of time attainable and concentrate on what's crucial for achievement at the shelf examination and the USMLE Step 2 CK.
- Active keep in mind Q&A boils down must-know strategies for clerkship success
- Clinical vignettes on the finish of the publication positioned content material in medical context
- Mnemonics and keywords assist you specialise in middle facts
- 100 high-yield images
- Complements greater path books and works good with different form of overview books
- Convenient 6"x9" dimension is superb for examine at the go
The content material you wish for clerkship success:
Chapter 1. Esophagus; Chapter 2. abdominal; Chapter 3. Small Bowel; Chapter 4. Colon; Chapter 5. Anorectal; Chapter 6. Spleen; Chapter 7. Hernia; Chapter 8. Liver; Chapter 9. Gallbladder; Chapter 10. Pancreas; Chapter 11. Endocrine; Chapter 12. Trauma; Chapter 13. serious Care; Chapter 14. Burns; Chapter 15. Wound therapeutic, dermis and tender Tissue, and cosmetic surgery; Chapter 16. Breast; Chapter 17. Pediatric surgical procedure; Chapter 18. Vascular surgical procedure; Chapter 19. Cardiothoracic surgical procedure; Chapter 20. Transplant; Chapter 21. ENT; Chapter 22. Bariatric surgical procedure; Chapter 23. Urology; Chapter 24. Neurosurgery; Chapter 25. Orthopedics; Index
By Edward F. Goljan
Get the main out of your examine time...and event a practical USMLE simulation! Rapid evaluation Pathology, via Edward F. Goljan, MD, makes it effortless that you should master all the pathology fabric lined at the USMLE Step 1. It combines an up to date outline-format overview of key innovations and countless numbers of full-color photos and margin notes, PLUS greater than 400 USMLE-style on-line questions! Get the entire perform you must be successful at the USMLE!
- Consult this name in your favourite e-reader , behavior speedy searches, and regulate font sizes for optimum clarity. suitable with Kindle®, nook®, and different well known devices.
- Review the entire info you must be aware of quick and simply with a hassle-free, two-color define layout that incorporates High-Yield Margin Notes and Key Points.
- Practice for the USMLE with the integrated entry to on-line USMLE pattern questions and whole rationales.
- Profit from the information of Dr. Edward Goljan, a recognized writer of clinical overview books, who reviewed and edited each question.
- Visualize key pathologic suggestions and stipulations with over 1,000 full-color pictures, thoroughly reviewed and up to date for this new edition.
- Take a timed or perform USMLE try out, access rationales for why each one solution is correct or wrong.
By Michael, PhD, PA-C Huckabee
This groundbreaking textual content specializes in the sensible wisdom and abilities that either doctor assistants (PAs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) have to be powerful future health care leaders in a multidisciplinary setting. Written via a famous professional in health practitioner assistant management, this enticing textual content is helping PA and NP professionals--increasingly known as upon to steer in numerous scientific and administrative environments-- to navigate the original demanding situations they encounter.
With an emphasis on concrete software of management rules, this article highlights interprofessional conversation and the talents linked to changing into a good chief in various future health care settings. Thought-provoking case reports supply real-world program of recommendations through the textual content. worthwhile workouts during the chapters and appendices deliver additional readability to the theoretical issues tested within the book.
- Focuses on management for NPs and PAs in team-based future health care—the merely textual content to do so
- Emphasizes interprofessional, multidisciplinary interactions, usually on the point of direct sufferer care
- Addresses very important matters together with strength and impression, management qualities and behaviors, followership, swap techniques, burnout, moral issues, and more
- Provides chapter-opening studying inquiries to advisor the learner in learning potent ideas of leadership
- Includes bankruptcy summaries and management workouts to supply context to the strategies discussed
- Applies real-world eventualities to key management suggestions via thought-provoking case experiences, introducing you to:
- Pam, an NP whose sufferer doesn't think her while she tells him he wishes quick move for emergency care.
- Jackson, a PA who needs to confront a peer over a potential impairment issue.
- José, an NP who reveals his colleagues involved over unequal salaries throughout his team’s metropolitan workforce practice.
- Anya, an NP who's prime a pro colleague transferred to her team’s area of expertise practice.
- Ben, a PA who reveals discord between his future health care group over the calls for accompanying the speedy speed of the practice’s growth.
By Mark Doel,Steven M. Shardlow,Mark, Professor Doel,Steven M, Professor Shardlow
How do overall healthiness and social care execs study their practice?
What can the professions research from every one other?
This e-book deals a comprehensively written account of the new organizational and conceptual alterations in united kingdom perform schooling. utilizing case examples, the authors concentrate on the reviews of scholars' studying in perform settings: how this is often equipped, what tools are used to aid scholars study their alternate and the way their talents are assessed.
The publication bargains separate chapters on 9 professions, all by means of authors well-established in writing approximately practice-based studying of their box. They current an exploration in components of similarity and distinction in services and outlook among professions, while introducing the final techniques that translate among professions.
This publication should be of serious curiosity to teachers within the fields of overall healthiness reviews and social work.
By Lois Romans