By Marshall J. Bastable
Read or Download Arms and the State: Sir William Armstrong and the Remaking of British Naval Power, 1854–1914 (Modern Economic and Social History) PDF
Similar uk history books
Road processions have been a defining function of existence within the Victorian city. They have been different in personality and came about on a regular basis all year long in all cities. They supplied possibilities for women and men to exhibit themselves in public, wearing banners and flags and followed via musical bands.
What impression did the Church have on society? How did social swap have an effect on non secular perform? in the context of those wide-ranging questions, this research deals a clean interpretation of the connection among Church, society and faith in England throughout 5 centuries of swap. Andrew Brown examines how the lessons of an more and more 'universal' Church decisively affected the spiritual lifetime of the laity in medieval England.
This ebook explores the assertions made by way of Irish nationalists of a parallel among eire less than British rule and Poland less than Russian, Prussian and Austrian rule within the lengthy 19th century. Poland loomed huge within the Irish nationalist mind's eye, regardless of the low point of direct touch among eire and Poland as much as the twenty-first century.
This assortment brings jointly essays reading the foreign impression of queens, different lady rulers, and their representatives from 1450 via 1700, an period of increasing colonial task and sea exchange. As Europe rose in prominence geopolitically, a couple of very important women—such as Queen Elizabeth I of britain, Catherine de Medici, Caterina Cornaro of Cyprus, and Isabel Clara Eugenia of Austria—exerted impression over international affairs.
- Female Intelligence: Women and Espionage in the First World War
- German Forces and the British Army: Interactions and Perceptions, 1742-1815 (War, Culture and Society, 1750-1850)
- History of Scarborough
- Defying Empire: Trading with the Enemy in Colonial New York
- The British Occupation of Indonesia: 1945-1946: Britain, The Netherlands and the Indonesian Revolution (Royal Asiatic Society Books)
Extra info for Arms and the State: Sir William Armstrong and the Remaking of British Naval Power, 1854–1914 (Modern Economic and Social History)
Arms and the State: Sir William Armstrong and the Remaking of British Naval Power, 1854–1914 (Modern Economic and Social History) by Marshall J. Bastable
- New PDF release: The Psychology of Peacekeeping
- Joanne M.D. Lynn,Janice Lynch Schuster,Anne Wilkinson,Lin's Improving Care for the End of Life: A Sourcebook for Health PDF